So, you’ve already visited an eye doctor in Bloomington IN, and got your eyes checked, and now you require eyeglasses. But when you check the price, you’re in for a shock!
Yes, prescription lenses and eyeglasses frames are a bit pricey, and if you’re Googling ‘affordable glasses near me,’ you’ll be surprised that there are places like Dr. Tavel that offer cheaper eyewear products. But is it worth it?
Pros of Cheap Eyeglasses
The best place to find cheap eyeglasses is through online retailers. But why do this? Here are a few reasons why:
· Did you know that a standard pair of eyeglasses can cost more than $400 because of extra features such as anti-reflective coating or shatter-resistant lenses? When purchasing online, you can save up to 25% of the cost. Some online retailers sell eyeglasses with the extra frills for less than $100!
· Online retailers offer many deals, promos, and online coupons, saving you even more. Optical shops and vision centers also have seasonal sales, which you can watch out for. You aren’t scrimping on quality, but get the right glasses for you at less expense.
· It’s more convenient purchasing from an online retailer, as long as you’re aware if you need graded lenses and that you have a prescription for them. It saves you time and money from having to go to the optical center a few times.
· It’s easy to compare glasses and companies online since all you need is a quick Google search to find authentic reviews and referrals.
Cons of Cheap Eyeglasses
That said, there are reasons why it’s better to buy full-price from your eye clinic or optical center:
· When ordering online, you won’t be able to receive hands-on help. You can only base the design and fitting on photos. Opticians can help facilitate and assist in your decision-making with frames and any necessary lenses.
· While you can purchase cheap glasses and get graded lenses, it can be difficult if you have a complex prescription. Opticians can mark exact areas where you look around lenses to ensure they are accurately aligned with your chosen eyeglass frames. When you purchase cheap glasses with graded lenses online, they usually use standard lenses and have a one-size-fits-all design, which isn’t recommended for those with high grades or powerful prescriptions.
· If you have vision insurance, it most likely won’t cover the costs of eyeglasses from online retailers. If it does, then it will be more of a hassle with a lengthier process.
· Just like purchasing anything else online, you have no idea whether or not it fits unless you read through reviews and have the exact measurements. Fortunately, online retailers would have good return or exchange policies, but this is another hassle that takes time and effort.
Wrapping It Up
Getting more affordable glasses can help you save money in the long run, provided that you select a suitable clinic or retailer that sells them to you. Weigh the pros and cons wisely and choose the right glasses ideal for your individual needs.