Disability among human beings as well as animals is nothing less than a curse on them due to which they are unable to lead a normal life and carry out their normal activities.
When it comes to human beings, a disability is described as a continuing condition that restricts the suffering person from performing certain activities and/or interfere in interacting efficiently and effectively with people around them.
Disability is a condition of impairments that may occur at the time of birth or can be acquired by individuals at any time during their lifetime. These impairments can be attributed to cognitive, intellectual, psychiatric, neurological, sensory, or physical reasons and can appear singly or combination of these attributing factors.
Common impairments causing disabilities
Although there can be a number of impairments known to cause disabilities among individuals yet the most common are the:
- Visual impairments – complete or partial blindness
- Hearing impairments – can be temporary or permanent deafness and hard of hearing
- Motor and Sensory impairments – such as Cerebral palsy · Muscular dystrophy · Multiple sclerosis, Spina bifida, ALS (Lou Gehrig’s Disease) · Arthritis and Parkinson’s disease, etc
- Sensory impairments – like autism spectrum disorder characterized by difficulties in communication and restricted behavior, attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Cognitive impairments – Difficulty remembering, understanding written or spoken information and Changes in behavior
- Physical Impairments – loss of limbs due to trauma
Besides the above, leprosy Cured persons suffering from dwarfism can also be considered disabled persons.
These impairments can be innate i.e. congenital or acquired at a later stage, chronic or episodic in nature that affects social interaction, communication, mobility, and the learning process of suffering individuals and needs sympathetic disability services in Australia.
Individuals with such impairments need continued moral, emotional, social, mental, health support, and disability services in Australia during their lifetime.
Empowering Healthcare is a registered provider of National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) services in Australia to provide the best possible disability services in Australia for needy and eligible disabled individuals to help them lead a better life.
Types of support and disability services
In Australia, apart from the government, many reliable and efficient disability service providers are offering their services under NDIS services. These services include:
- Therapy services
- Home and Community Support
- Psychosocial and counseling Support
- Daily life support
- Support Coordination Services
- Supported Independent Living
- Plan Management Services
The disability services in Australia also include providing services like:
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech Therapy
- Behavior Management
- Art Therapy
The disability services in Australia specifically concentrate on providing all kinds of Early Childhood Support to the children to cope with and prepare them to face the challenges of life ahead.
Empowering Healthcare offers 24×7 NDIS support and disability services in Australia to assist with various daily living activities for the residents of Australia. The individuals who are Australian citizens or Permanent/Special Category Visa holders and aged between 7 and 65 years of age are eligible for NDIS services.
Empowering Healthcare, an approved and registered disability service provider in Australia always adopts a holistic approach towards providing a wide range of unmatched, most caring, compassionate yet impeccable disability services in Australia.