Dental imaging provides dentists with an effective method for diagnosing and treating a variety of dental and gum conditions. Since patient safety is a top priority, your dentist’s office uses cutting-edge technology to safeguard them. Numerous dentists offer digital dental X-rays as a substitute for the conventional methods formerly used to examine dental health information. A Monterey, CA dentist can help you understand the technicalities better.
Here are some of the most significant advantages of visiting a local dental office with digital radiography:
These X-rays are acquired using digital sensors compared to conventional X-ray film. Generally, they are high-quality images that are stored on a computer. High resolution and precision mean that the dentist has access to more information. In addition to computers, images of the teeth, gums, and other oral structures can also be captured.
- Options for Enlargement: The picture may only be examined at actual dimensions when viewing a conventional X-ray film. Digital images are able to be magnified, allowing the dentist to focus on potential issues.
- Traditional X-ray film needed a development period before the film could be viewed. Now, digital instruments enable instantaneous viewing of the imaged region. Images can be displayed on a computer screen immediately after being captured.
- Improved Diagnostics: Accessing precise images and additional data improves diagnostic accuracy. Patients can rest easy knowing that their diagnosis and treatment plan are tailored to their unique oral characteristics. Digital X-rays can reveal concealed cavities, infections in the bone, periodontal disease, tumors, and other irregularities that are not visible during a visual examination.
- Save Time and Money: Using digital X-rays for early detection helps to reduce the number of necessary treatments. Therefore, patients may conserve both time and money by averting more invasive treatments.
- Researchers have discovered that the radiation levels have decreased by up to 70% compared to conventional X-ray apparatus. Radiation reduction reduces the potential adverse effects and long-term risk of X-ray exposure.
- The dental office can retain these files in electronic storage indefinitely. In lieu of piles of paper documents and files, digital images can be stored in the cloud for future reference.
- Simple Access: You can receive a printed copy of your digital X-ray images if they must be stored or shared. Additionally, these images can be electronically transmitted to insurance companies, thereby expediting the processing of certain insurance claims.
- Environmentally Responsible: Digital X-rays reduce pollution, as they eliminate the need for film processing chemicals. Digital images are able to be captured without the use of hazardous byproducts.