In terms of overall health and wellness, neglecting oral hygiene is a common mistake. Most of us are aware that neglecting our dental health may lead to problems like cavities, tooth decay, and even tooth loss, but few of us realize just how integral our oral health is to our overall well-being.
Link Between Gum and Body Health
Different types of bacteria can be found in people’s mouths, although most of them are completely safe. Neglecting your dental hygiene can have serious consequences since an abundance of bacteria can cause damage to your gums and teeth. If we don’t take care of our teeth by brushing twice a day, flossing daily, and going to the dentist in Tukwila, WA, every six months, we leave ourselves up to all sorts of dental problems.
The Risk to Human Health Rooted in Neglect of the Mouth’s Health
Severe infection is the most common result of neglecting one’s oral hygiene. Some may seem less severe than others, but they can still significantly impact your daily life. There are a number of such scenarios that can occur:
- Multiple systemic investigations show an association between periodontitis and a significantly increased risk of developing cardiovascular diseases such as blocked arteries and heart attacks, while the exact mechanisms behind this occurrence are not yet understood by the medical community.
- Endocarditis is an infection of the inner lining of the heart that can be very harmful if left untreated. It develops when bacteria from an oral infection travel into the bloodstream and into the heart.
- Birth Defects: Poor oral health has been linked to birth defects in prenatal children. When a baby is delivered prematurely or underweight, it’s possible that doctors will discover problems that began in the womb.
- Strokes: Patients with oral infections are more likely to develop an ischemic stroke.
- Pneumonia: Infections of the lungs cause this disease, and they can spread from the mouth to the lungs.
- Self-Esteem Decline Mental health is important to an individual’s well-being and quality of life. Dentition problems (such as tooth loss, cavities, etc.) can lower self-esteem and make it difficult to interact with others.
- Bad oral hygiene might cause tooth pain, which can disrupt your concentration. A toothache can cause severe disruptions in your daily life, including your ability to think clearly, get adequate rest, and perform routine tasks. This discomfort can negatively impact life and health.
You may also like
What Is the Role of Bone Grafting in Dental Implants?
Buy effective Kratom capsules for good health
Smile Confidently Again: Reasons to Consider Dental Implants in Jackson Heights, New York
Achieve Glowing and Rejuvenated Skin Using Sylfirm X Skin Tightening Treatment
The Impact of Orthodontics on Facial Aesthetics and Confidence